2019 Open Barn and BBQ
Picture courtesy of EquiSport Photos
Friday, April 26
5:30 – 8:30 PM
An annual event, the New Vocations Open Barn and BBQ will once again be hosted at the conclusion of the dressage phase of the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event on Friday, April 26, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
A celebration of Thoroughbreds in second careers, New Vocations at Mereworth Farm will open its doors for tours, a meet-and-greet with the horses, educational demonstrations and a delicious BBQ meal.
Guest of honor is Nick Larkin, an international event rider and winner of the inaugural 4-star Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event; he will offer his perspective on the retraining process of OTTBs, which allows him to discover what the horse knows, what it needs to learn, and in the process gives insight into the horse’s personality and what career may suit it best.
A brief, one-hour demo will include:
- Analysis of in-hand New Vocations Thoroughbreds, including pedigree and conformation
- New Vocations horses under-saddle, with instruction and commentary
Tickets go on sale March 1 and tend to sell out, so mark your calendar now!
NEW FOR 2019: EXCITING ONLINE AUCTION!
Filled to the brim with unique items and experiences, the auction will close at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 26, at the conclusion of the Open Barn and BBQ event. Auction item winners need not be present to win; items will be shipped from New Vocations Kentucky office.
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the auction items:
- $175 gift certificate to Le Deauville Bistro
- Zulu Nyala Safari Package for Two, Six Nights
- Private lesson with International Event Rider Nick Larkin
- Autographed American Pharoah Photo
- Private, rare bourbon tasting for four at Justin’s House of Bourbon
- Tipperary Equestrian Eventer Pro Vest and Sportage Hybrid Helmet
- Pessoa Thermal Reflective Turnout Blanket
- And may more items and experiences
Interested in sponsoring our event?